A marathon weekend of photos

Wow, what a weekend! It was fun, it was exhausting - and chock full of photo opportunities. I volunteered at a writers' conference and saw some great authors, speakers, police and lots of emergency personnel in action (the training kind) - more about that is on my Travels with Books
blog. I went to a friend's wedding sometime during that same hectic weekend. And I also went to my little cousin's baby dedication and a family birthday party!

We're still laughing about taking pictures after the baby dedication, because I had to chase down some of my relatives. They like to leave church as quickly as possible, doffing suit and tie on the way to the car. But wait! I said, we've got four generations here, and we're all dressed up. Come on, we've got to get a picture! My cousin said it was like herding cats. But it was well worth it.

 Here's four generations; what a beautiful blessing!

My problem right now is that I don't have my own digital camera. I'm in a transitional stage, moving from film to digital. As a photojournalist, I know how to use digital. Not to sound arrogant, but I know enough to want the type of camera that's beyond my budget. I have access to cameras at work, but I've been borrowing cameras for trips and events - from my sister, my boss, etc. The problem with sharing is that you're never quite sure if the battery's charged when you grab it and go, or you have to run back to the office to grab the right cable to download pictures, and you end up with half your pictures at home and half at work on different computers.

That's another reason why I love Memory Manager. It's one place where I can keep all my pictures organized. I use a thumb drive to move them from computer to computer and try to make sure they all end up in MM on my external hard drive. Every so often I back up my MM memory vault onto a DVD and store it on a shelf (remember, a thumb drive is not long term storage, and they're easy to lose!).

And the best part is, with all my photos in MM, I then do something with them - edit them, and print them out or make a Storybook. MM even reminds me if I've never printed a photo. 

Comments

Popular Posts