Tuesday Tips - Storybook tips

I love my new Storybook about my vacation to Ireland! This was my fourth Storybook (for me; I've made a couple more for other people), and I wanted to share a couple of tips I've learned to make the final product even nicer.

When you've finished putting all your photos in the right spots, typed the captions, and you're almost ready to upload your Storybook and order it, go back through each page and lighten every photo. When the books are printed, the photos will come out a little darker than what you see on your computer screen. Make each photo just a little lighter then you want to see it on your screen. When in doubt, leave the highlights and shadows alone, and move the little arrow on the midtones over about 10 points lighter.

Another tip is to add shadows to all of your photos. You may want to skip this if you've used a mat; in that case, put the shadow on the mat. You can use a light shadow or a heavy shadow, whichever looks best to you. I like to use heavy shadows because they make the page look three-dimensional. This tip is for use with Storybook Creator Plus - I don't think you can adjust the shadows in Storybook Creator (the free version).

If you don't even know what I'm talking about, as far as light and shadows, try some of the basic Storybook Creator tutorials (when you open SBC, look on the right) and webinars. You can also e-mail me questions through my CM website or send me a short question on Twitter.

By the way, the shamrock and the lovely photo frame (a "mask") on the cover came from Friday Freebies! Save the ones you like each week so you'll have lots of choices as you work on your projects. I added the word "Ireland." I learned how to do that in one of the advanced webinars.

Comments

Popular Posts