Tuesday Tips - Rescuing boring pages

Problem: When I first learned that CM albums are the safest place to store photos, I "rescued" several 8x10 family pictures by just putting them on pages with photo mounting corners, so I could remove the pictures later if needed. Now, I see those boring white pages and want to spruce them up. With the corners already stuck on the pages, I can't use whole sheets of paper or mat the pictures. Do I have to throw everything away and start over? I don't want to waste the pages and all those corners.


Solution: I could have cut simple borders for these pages, but I was afraid some of the bright palettes would overshadow the pictures or make the old prints look dingy. I chose the black & white power palette because it makes the white page look like part of the design. I used a straight trimmer and scissors to cut the borders into shapes that flowed under and around the pictures. I journaled (in black) right on the page.

I really like how it turned out. What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts