Remember Polaroids?

Polaroid film is now available, by mail order, from this website. Black & white only.

I didn't realize you couldn't find it anymore, but I should have because it's so hard to just find 35mm film now. When I around 13-14, I had a Kodak Instamatic camera. I loved it! I actually have a lot of instant pictures from that time (that I haven't scrapbooked, yet). I liked to just play around with it, staging my friends in various poses. But a lawsuit made Kodak shut down film for those cameras, so we just used our little 126-film camera for years, until they stopped selling film for that, too.

When I went to Mexico on a mission trip about 1994, we bought a Polaroid camera for the yearly meeting (church conference) and took it with us. The children - more than 100 of them - at Matamoros Bible school loved having a picture of themselves to take home. The ability to instantly hand someone a picture goes a long way when you don't speak the language.

Comments

Popular Posts